lost my flame angel

brsdr32

I just lost my flame angel after 2 weeks. I don't think he was eating. This website said he eats 3 different types of foods and he didnt' eat any of those. Can anyone recommend what to fee flame angels if i get another one?

chandler04

I have heard of flame angels being finicky eaters, but rearly. Umm, I would try a mixture of mysis shrimp, maybe some live brine, frozen brine mizture, formula one or two (they eat veggies?) I would start out with a form of shrimp to get him eating though. Later on hes gonna need some psonge in his diet I bleieve. Hopefully ur tank will develop qtip songes. If not, there is an angel formula for wen they are mature. Well, good luck, sorry bout the loss.

oyam1

i think you got a bum fish, or the tank is over-stocked.
flames will hide alot and not fight for food as much as other fish do.
if fish is quality, and stress is low (and you keep good water quality) it will eat most foods frozen, flake, etc...
good luck

brsdr32

What is cyanide caught mean?
I only have 4 other smaller fish in the 55 gallon tank, so i don't think it was an over crowding situation. He seemed to swim around ok, but I don't have enough hiding places yet. I only have a few rocks in there. I am going to get more rocks 1st before I buy another flame angel to see if that will help. Would this be ok?

yaoming713

cyanide caught = caught with chemical that stun fish thus making it easy for collection...the effect can be deadly.

rbmount

Originally posted by shawnhardy
I would try mysis shrimp. Mine loves it. He also loves squid.

And my xenia

grantman

mine will eat frozen brine and flake food. Some say try soaking the food in garlic extreme to entice the fish to eat. You may also try hanging some sea weed on a clip or some lettuce. Good luck the flame angel is one of my favorite fish.

boneyfish

I'm having the same problems with my sailfin tang
He won't eat...I've tried frozen shrimp and flakes. I'm trying so hard to get him to eat that my other fish, two clowns and a 3/4" hippo, are gonna be super fat if this guy doesn't start eating *sigh*

ratpack

as far as i know flame angel only do well in well establish aquarium with plenty of LR so they can eat from it.