Lots OF CORAL

fishboy52

Hi, i've been into my nano 10g for about 2yrs but just reacently got Lots and lots of coral i have 5 diff. colonies of differnt colored zoos and 2 colonies of red star polyps and a small frag of yellow polyps
they fully expand under my lighting but when they go out they unexpand
this is normal right

is there any thing that i should be supplementing or feeding

oh ya i've had some of them for about 3 weeks now

can i get any more and if so... what
Lighting Is:
30w froresents

fedukeford

Perfectly normal for them to close up when the lights go out. Are your lights floruescents or Power Compact floruescents? If they are just normal flor. then the corals wont survive, you'll need to upgrade the lighting.
Feduke

fishboy52

i have one f. called marine-glo and another called power-glo
another ? do my my star p. have to be waveing back and forther or do they just have to be kinda flowing gracefully. in u to the tube and a com they are harshly being pushed by the flow
is that moderate flow or is the graceful description moderate becouse mine are flowing grafefully
as far as the lights these are prabably the only corals i'll ever have and maybe a devil's hand if you guys allow

dude23455

Could you rephrase all of this and stop using abbreviations. maybe then you will get an answer
Originally Posted by fishboy52
i have one f. called marine-glo and another called power-glo
another ? do my my star p. have to be waveing back and forther or do they just have to be kinda flowing gracefully. in u to the tube and a com they are harshly being pushed by the flow
is that moderate flow or is the graceful description moderate becouse mine are flowing grafefully
as far as the lights these are prabably the only corals i'll ever have and maybe a devil's hand if you guys allow

fedukeford

Its just the amount of flow that will affect how they will be "waveing", theres no specific way they have to wave

wangotango

you can keep zoos and star polyps under normal output fluorescents (i did it in my first tank) but dont expect nice color or fast growth though. you may be ok with a devil's leather. as for flow; star polyps do like a lot of it just as long as they're open and moving a bit they're fine.
-Justin

fishboy52

Thanks WangoTango, At my lfs they have a devil's hand that about the size of my fist for 70$ is that over priced, all there coral is priced at the same price sometimes it works with you but if its a frag of yellow polpys its just wrong.... got all my other corals at *****
40$ for a large colony of red star polyps (aprx 400-500 polyps)
15$ For 30 polyps of green stars
15$ For the each of my zoos and yellow (zoos are very colorfull) (aprx 20-30 polyps each)
But my ***** doesn't carry anything more that polyps... owner got disgeraged when like 50 frags of sps died about a month ago...
wonder why, maybe its the 10 watts of floresents that have

fedukeford, not what i meant, i was talking about what is the standard low, med, and high flow........ sorry for the my weird explanation, maybe a video of how a star p. coral moved would help determan what is high, med....

Dude23455 , will do for now on