Lots of fun coral to ID

matts_junk

I purchased a few of the Assorted Coral Packs and need help identifying what is what. Helps to know what it is in order to place properly, feed and care for. Any help is appreciated!

Coral 01:
01.jpg

Coral 02:
02.jpg

Coral 03:
03.jpg

Coral 04:
04.jpg

Coral 05:
05.jpg

Coral 06:
06.jpg

Coral 07:
07.jpg

Coral 08:
08.jpg

Coral 09:
09.jpg

Coral 10:
10.jpg

matts_junk

Spent some time going through pictures on the website and I think I know a few of them.

01: Seeded Watermelon Mushroom
02: Closed Red Brain Coral
08: Neon Green Eye Brain Coral
09: Pagoda Coral

Still trying to ID the others and any help is appreciated.

pegasus

Not 100%, but I'll give it my best shot...

03:Blurry, but appears to be some type of Favia
04: Looks like a dead Blastomussa Merletti colony
05: Blastomussa Wellsi
06:Black Sun Coral
07: Glove Polyps
10: Yellow Polyps

To me, 08 looks very similar to a War Coral (Favites Pentagona). Just a hunch...

pegasus

You're welcome. If it is indeed a Merletti, it should resemble a miniature version of the Wellsi. The sockets at the end of the stalks appear to be empty, and there's a lot of what appears to be dead flesh sloughing off. Did you dip the corals before putting them in the tank? Coral Rx is a good dip to use to help heal any damage to the corals. Revive is a good dip as well. You should always dip new corals to remove any pests and/or disease hitchhikers before placing them in your tank. It's recommended to all quarantine new additions, fish and corals.

matts_junk

I went to my local fish store and spoke with the "coral guy". He recommended a product called Restor by Brightwell Aquatics. I did a soak in a separate bowl for 15 minutes with a couple of my sad corals as he suggested and the next day I noticed significant changes. Here is a picture of a soak I did today:
WP_20150823_003.jpg