lots of questions!

j_schmidt1

Hi all, my husband was shopping on this site and printed out a list of "I wants"...but I want to check and make sure we can do all this before we waste our money. We have a 65g FOWLR and so far only have a percula clown and a diamond goby. He wants to add these things:
clarkii clownfish
percula clown
mandarin dragonet
yellow watchman goby
clown goby
pink tip anemone
florida anemone
anemone crab
feather duster
peppermint shrimp
mushroom polyp
so, my questions are:
1. Can I have this many fish in my tank?
2. Can I have that many clowns in my tank?
3. Aren't mandarin dragonet hard to care for?
4. What kind of lighting do I need for these anemones? ( I have two Power Compacts.)
5. If I put all this stuff in my tank, will everything get along?
Thanks so much!

cannonman

You can have that many fish maybe but not all those clowns, they will fight. You could have one mated pair of clowns and that's about it. anemones need good lighting and an established tank. Mandarins are hard to care for, they need a good sized tank, well established with tons of pods and live rock. The shrimp, duster, and mushroom would be good choices. How long has your tank been set up? Also how much live rock and what kind of lights?

patandlace

I doubt the percs and clarkii will get along. Manderin Dragonets need a ton of live rock and an endless supply of pods. You need an established tank with a sump and a good pod population. The Anemones need stronger lighting IMO. They may live under PC for a while, but MH are the way to go.

j_schmidt1

My tank has been up for three years (we've had some problems, that's why we only have two fish right now). I have two of the 96 watt power compact lights that are half white and half blue. Is that good enough for the anemones? I think he wants a clownfish that would take to one of the anemones. Would my perc take to one? I honestly don't know how much rock. My husband says 50-60 lbs. How do I load a picture in here?

puffer32

Mandrins need alot of LR, more like 100 lbs, and a fuge to breed pods in, I wouldn't try it. And if you want another perc clown make sure its smaller then the one you have, and they still might fight unless they pair up. Don't put other clowns in with the percs, they will fight. You need more lighting for an anenome, strong T5's will work if you don't want MH. The rest of your list is fine