Loud NOISES!

notsofishy

Hey first and formost i want to thank everyone who spends there time putting info on these forums its been a huge help in setting up my first tank. But anyways i finnally have water circulating from my sump to my DT and the problem that i have is the supprising amount of noise coming from both my pump and overflow. The pump is a "Quiet One 9000" and is attached to solid PVC (didn't really think it through) and makes an awful vibrating noise even when covered with towels and enclosed in the stand. The overflow makes a splashing sound from the water falling over (considering using a sponge at the bottom). So far my ideas are to put some sound board or something (recomendations?) aroud the inside of the stand and the sponge thing but im still hoping for any other ideas because i dont know if that will do it.

g_dobbs

depending on your overflow, you can buy an "aquasilencer" from lifereef that is supposed to work. Also, if you pump is submersible it may be rattling off the bottom of your tank. If the pvc is attached correctly it shouldent have enough wiggle room to rattle.