Loud.

W

winstew

It all depends on the drop you have from the Display tank. My DURSO that I made is adjustable. I had a noisy one at first but than i adjutsed the height and now its quiet. It explains all that on the page... really a cheap and neccessary mod.

quads4_lif

I tried the Durso pipe and my overflow box is to small because I tried doing it with 1" pipeing and my tank overflowed it was much quieter but it droped my flow rate lower than what my return pump was pushing into the tank and it overflowed

nytrillium

make a bigger overflow....

but seriously, you could try doing a modified durso (ie Stockman style) They fit in a more compact space and you will get the same result. other than that theres not too much you can do. you may try putting LR rubble in the overflow chamber. that would work if the noise is from the water falling and splashing in the overflow itself. But if its slurping from the standpipe, the durso is about the only fix that is universally effective.

quads4_lif

I have managed to make mine pretty quiet now I just took one of my towels and laid it over the OF and made sure that it did not get wet and so far so good and super quiet