Low Light Corals

beenbag497

what you have as your picture
the sun coral
there non-photosynthetic and they look really awesome im gonna get one when my tank gets established(but remember they have to be fed like 3 times a week)

hypertek99

Mushrooms and xenia are low light corals and easy to keep. Yep make sure you feed your sun coral or it will die.

seamandrew

Turtlegirl, red mushrooms thrive at the deepest part of the tank. The red color is an indicator that they're deeper water species (red is the first color to be filtered in water). Try some red mushrooms and some star polyps (not the green ones, the reddish purple ones).

alix2.0

Originally Posted by nycbob
only bad thing is u hv to spot feed them at nite.
i feed mine during the day, i just drip some thawed mysis in the water and it immediately opens up. then i feed it. ive done this everyday since i got it (i love doing it! i really cant picture getting lazy about it.)

anyways if you like them theyre really easy to keep and if you dont mind the feeding itll look awesome in your tank! is it for your 35?

jerthunter

Well they aren't corals, but you could keep some feather dusters.
The problem with things like sun corals is they eat alot and it can be hard to keep your water clean... I've actually moved my sun coral to its own tank so it is easier to feed.
So 96watts (thats a 3 foot light correct?) over a 35 gal tank isn't that bad for lighting. You could keep zoos, mushrooms, or pretty much any LPS coral..

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
Well they aren't corals, but you could keep some feather dusters.
The problem with things like sun corals is they eat alot and it can be hard to keep your water clean... I've actually moved my sun coral to its own tank so it is easier to feed.
So 96watts (thats a 3 foot light correct?) over a 35 gal tank isn't that bad for lighting. You could keep zoos, mushrooms, or pretty much any LPS coral..
Yes, it is bout a 3 foot.

jerthunter

I don't think you will have any problems with most LPS corals like frogspawn or hammer coral or polyps like mushrooms or zoos. I have a 65 which is about 3 feet long and I think it is probably just deeper then a 35 and I am growing corals at the very bottom under two 96 watt PC lights.