Low maintenance Clown hosts

dmitry

Somebody suggested to me that for the two Oscellaris Clowns I'm planning to get one could get Leather Mushrooms as a host. Anybody have thoughts on that?? I'm cycling a 29G tank, so there's not much room. I don't want this thing to attack and kill other fish (it's supposed to be peaceful). And I have a double-tube fluorescent light fixture. So...anybody approve or disapprove of this?

effloresce

Clowns will host mushrooms, but not always, i ahve shrooms in my tank and my clowns dont host them
you should be able to keep shrooms with your lights.

P

parker313

I have a true perc who spends a lot of time hanging out in the upper right corner of my tank. I got him a good sized leather mushroom to host in, but he couldn't care less. I've had the mushroom in there for a while, but my clown just hangs out in his corner.
Wild bred/caught clowns seem to take to hosting something more willingly than tank bred. Even still, the leather mushroom is a nice addition to my tank!
--Kristin

dmitry

That's beautiful! :jumping: What kind of...organism is that?
Now, isn't a Xenia a leather mushroom?? Or is that a specific kind of leather mushroom? :confused:

bergamer

Effloresce
why do you celebrate "che" in your picture?
do you normally like people who go around killing people and starting wars all over South American and Africa?

shep77

What the heck bergamer? Be social!!! Post that somewhere else, this is not a political forum for you to slam people!

harlequin

Take that stuff somewhere else berg.
Wow Zib, thats a nice one, I picked up a frag from my LFS and its growing like a weed too, hope it gets that big.
As to the thread question, yes a clown will adapt to almost any tenticled coral I have noticed. I had a perc long term who moved into a patch of red zoos. Currently I have a pair of pink skunk clowns who inhabit a large patch of yellow polyps. In the past I had a maroon clown who lived in a patch of grape calurpa.

cimpow137

I have a pair of tank raised false percs. The male is being stubborn and lives on top of my powerhead. But the female used to live in my frogspawn till I took it away because she was killing it. I bought an RBTA last week and she has yet to look at it and is now living in my xenia.. It's rather irritating to have her live in everything but my RBTA but I'll give her some time.. :D

cimpow137

You can't really buy anything that you want the clown to host in because they will find out and do the opposite.. But really if your clowns want to host something, they will and they could either host in what you buy them or on top of your powerhead..:rolleyes: