Low PH in new tank

L

landscraper

Well Since setting up my tank 2 weeks ago my ph has been 7.8. All levels have been normal, my cycle has finished, and calcium was normal ( I did not check Alk however) anyway I could not figure out why the PH was off, some say the RO water would do that. So someone suggested I use some CC. I put two filter socks filled with CC in my Refugium, and 3 hours later... Ph is right at 8.2-8.4. Has anyone else have experience with this? Should I leave them in there or remove them?
Thanks.
May soung strange, but if it is the RO water, what about if I put the CC sock in the trash can where my clean RO water is?

pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscraper http:///forum/thread/384137/low-ph-in-new-tank#post_3364164
Well Since setting up my tank 2 weeks ago my ph has been 7.8. All levels have been normal, my cycle has finished, and calcium was normal ( I did not check Alk however) anyway I could not figure out why the PH was off, some say the RO water would do that. So someone suggested I use some CC. I put two filter socks filled with CC in my Refugium, and 3 hours later... Ph is right at 8.2-8.4. Has anyone else have experience with this? Should I leave them in there or remove them?
Thanks.
May soung strange, but if it is the RO water, what about if I put the CC sock in the trash can where my clean RO water is?
Well my tank does that in the winter time my ph goes down and summer back up to 8.2 and stays there your house is all closed up you may have to much co2 in your house take some water from the tank and put it out side put a air stone for about 24 hrs and test the ph in the tank and the water that set out out side and see what they say if the out side is higher then you have to much co2. Now before you do that test your alk first it could be down that will make you ph off to Good luck and happy reefing