Low voltage temp controller?

nordy

I have my 12 gal Aquapod at work and I am finding that the temps are fluctuating-rising to near 83 in the evening when the cooling is reduced and stabilizing, but still high by the end of the work day. I am thinking of adding an additional cooling fan, like one of those computer fans, to the tank by installing on a part of the hood where it can blow down onto the water but I also would like some type of controller to turn it off when temps stabilize-I don't want to just run it all the time and end up evaporating too much or maybe cooling the water too much.
Anybody know of something that might work for me? Thanks for any help you can give me on this!
John

jimvette1

I've been thinking along the same lines and suppose you could wire a low voltage transformer to a low voltage thermostat that could control a computer fan.
No idea on cost because I have most of the stuff just lying around the garage and haven't priced buying new.
Try heading to Home Depot and check out their heating and air department for ideas.

This could get complicated if your computer fan requires DC voltage, then you will need a rectifier (Radio Shack) to change AC to DC. Not hard to do, but might be more trouble than its worth.

Good Luck.