LR aqua scaping question

frankthetank

I bought 15 pounds of LR (3 pieces) today. My tank is pretty full as is, but I had a spot for a couple pieces I thought. Of course when I got home, I realized that while I had room for one of the pieces (and it looks great), I did not have room for the other piece exactly. Is it ok for one piece of LR to be about 2 inches from the top of the water line? This other piece is really big and I don't know if I can place it much better than I have in my tank.

frankthetank

Originally Posted by kroch3rd
its okay but that part of the rock won't have the stuff that makes live rock "live"
I may not have been as clear as possible. It's still under the water line, only 2 inches under the line. Seems rather high in the tank... but it's a tough fit in the tank because it's such a big piece.

you always have the option of spliting it in two or more pieces. Or just start a new tank. I would take that as a sign from above that its about that time to build a new tank.

frankthetank

Oh I want to start another tank very badly. I have had a lot of fun building this one. The truth is though, I can't afford another tank right now. But hopefully I will in the next 12 months.
As for the LR, I might be able to rearrange a couple pieces to make it fit better. I'll work on this tomorrow when I have more light... I don't want to smash a crab or snail working in the dark.