LR can it kill?

hockeyman

i just rescently bought a 2lbs LR and a few days later my flame angel died, yesterday i bought 5.5 more lbs and my cardinal died this morning. why would this happen?

garnet13aj

Was your LR cured? LR should not be added to your display tank until it has been cured. Since the fish died soon after added to the system I would say that it altered the environment in some way and was the cause of their death Sorry :(

hockeyman

it was weird though those were the only to to die
my lobster, damsel and 2 clarkii clowns survived along with the blenny shrimp, hermit crabs and turbo snail

sepulatian

Originally Posted by katieb
Those that are left are pretty hardy compared to the ones you lost.
yes, I agree, the angels would be the first to go. Please post your readings.

hockeyman

well more bad news
after this mornig i woke up to find my smaller clarkii clown dead even though he was fine last night. they seem not to be eating. all me levels were 0's (nitrate, nitrite and amonia) my Ph was about 8 and the salanity was 1.022 temp is about 82 degres. there is a weird plant gorwing on my newest piece of LR could that cause something?

teen

Originally Posted by hockeyman
well more bad news
after this mornig i woke up to find my smaller clarkii clown dead even though he was fine last night. they seem not to be eating. all me levels were 0's (nitrate, nitrite and amonia) my Ph was about 8 and the salanity was 1.022 temp is about 82 degres. there is a weird plant gorwing on my newest piece of LR could that cause something?
i doubt the plants had anything to do with it. how old are your test kits, and what brand are they?

hockeyman

my test kits are 3 months old they are aquarium pharamastiucals brand
also my fish seemed to have stoped eating

hockeyman

i did i had it tested at ***** 2 times and they said it was all good
and i am doing a water change this weekend of probably about 10-15 gallons

1journeyman

If all water parameters are fine then...
Stray voltage in the tank?
Chemical (soap, perfumes, cleaning solutions etc. on your hand, arms, etc)
?
Keep looking, but understand when you have fish die water changes need to be done sooner than later.

hockeyman

ok
and one more question
i was wondering if my filters were good enough
one is a 60 whisper
and the other is a terta 60

sepulatian

Originally Posted by hockeyman
ok
and one more question
i was wondering if my filters were good enough
one is a 60 whisper
and the other is a terta 60
What size is your tank?

ice4ice

I'm suspecting your LR was not cured. That can change your whole tank environment into a nuclear holocaust with LR not being cured first.
If you are planning on adding more LR, ditch the filters. Your LR is your biological filtration.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Ice4Ice
I'm suspecting your LR was not cured. That can change your whole tank environment into a nuclear holocaust with LR not being cured first.
If you are planning on adding more LR, ditch the filters. Your LR is your biological filtration.
Yes and no, I would not ditch the filters. Live rock is good biological filtration, but not mechanical nor chemical. You still need filtration.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Ice4Ice
But he's tested for ammonia and shows none.