LR from SWF

fishygurl

Originally Posted by reefjunkiee
http:///forum/post/2716005
anyone have it? what do you think of the quality? thank you
i think its very high quality! i have ordered it twice now. It gets purple coralline pretty quick in my tanks. (the first shipment i got had a lot of nats in the box when i opened it, the second time i got an order it had none. But very good rock that i am pleased with.

sickboy

I pretty happy with mine too. I got the Tukani, and its great. It arrived fast and was still wet. It's been in my tank for 3-4 months now and has purple and red coraline algae all over it.

interex216

I wasnt to thrilled with mine =( i ordered "1 x Ultra Premium Fiji Live Rock 45-50lbs" back in april, it was all large chunks that i had to take a hammer to and Completely Void of Life. No coraline what so ever, only black mud. Heres a pic of the rock after a month, a month and a few weeks and 3 months later (after took a hammer to it) and picture of the tank today.. finally getting some purple growing

*Note the 2 largest rocks in 3 month pic with coraline on em were purchased from lfs to "seed" the other rock.*

mr_x

99% of LR is drop shipped. everyone gets it from the same places. chances are, swf doesn't even see it before you get it. it's just the luck of the draw if you get pieces you need to break, or that are too small.
as for life on the rock- usually, most of the visible life dies off anyway through the cycle and you wind up with a whole new group of life on it after the cycle.
most people are mis-conceived about live rock. it's the bacteria and surface area you are buying, not hitch hikers and algae. those are just bonuses, or negatives.

interex216

Forgot to add before i get my head chewed off. SWF did offer to replace my rock, but i had already taken the hammer to it and didnt have the means of shipping the rock back.

C

cmaxwell39

I was very happy with mine when I got it. It was a variety of different shapes and sizes and colored up pretty quick. I will be ordering from them again when I get my second tank set up in a couple of weeks.

stanlalee

Originally Posted by Interex216
http:///forum/post/2716093
and Completely Void of Life. No coraline what so ever*

NO quality fiji rock has any visable life unless its sitting in somebody's holding tank longer than it should be (not being moved briskly) and completely cured. That nor coralline is any indication of the quality of rock. If its, porous, pest free and free of excessive soft/spongy organic material (that needs to be scraped off or prolongs curing) I consider it quality rock. the life usualy comes back thru spores and dormant state over time.