LR question

jhill5

I have a couple pieces of LR that have a bunch of either tube worms or small feather dusters on them. They look like little white feather dusters. Anyway, they are spreading and I do not want them. Can I take the rock out of the tank and scrub it clean, then put it back? Will scrubing the rock cause any die off and amonia spike?

njjamie

What kind of tank are you going to have??? In my tank, I would put in a fish that would eat that stuff off for you. I am not too sure about taking out the rock and scrubbing it?? If you do that, it was probably a waste for you to buy live rock. Just my opinion.

jhill5

The tank has been set up for a long time. It is a 180 reef with about 300 pounds of LR. There are probably 3 pieces of rock that have the issue, maybe totaling 25 pounds.
Let me know the best way to get rid of these.

dmjordan

i have alot of mini dusters in my tank and i like them. they stay small. why don't you like them?

jhill5

They are getting out of control in this one spot in my tank. The dusters are starting to grow on the base of my large bubble.

jhill5

That may be it. My 6 line jumped ship, maybe he was keeping it under control before.
That is bad news, now I need to buy another fish.