LSU/Alabama-Anyone Prognostications?

mantisman51

I've been watching ESPN heavily all week and most of the guys there are predicting Bama by 1-3 points. I have no pony in the race, but I have watched 4 LSU games this year. They have a tough time against teams that can run the ball and they struggle moving the ball on teams with great secondaries. All the guys and gals on ESPN are saying Bama is a better rounded team. I have yet to watch the Tide. Just watching LSU I would tend to give them the edge by pure numbers by 3 points. Any thoughts from someone who knows Bama?

bigarn

I have a feeling it's gonna be a boring game to watch. I think they're both gonna pound the ball and see what defense tires first.

reefraff

I haven't seen a great defense in the SEC in years. Be interesting to see if LSU's speed can hold Bama down. I am not so sure it's going to be all that close.

mantisman51

Well I got the point spread exactly right. It was an ugly game. Sputtering offenses and 4 missed field goals. Not worth the hype.

stdreb27

Whatever, I loved it, it was smashmouth football at it's finest.
Personally I'd be a happy camper, if I never saw another pass. And all I could watch was the wishbone and the option.

mantisman51

Oh I agree that it had some good defense. And I do like good defense. I just think both offenses are a little(lot) overrated.

reefraff

Very overrated offenses. I figured LSU would score 20 and it was just a matter of being able to stop Bama. I am sure their kicker will be laying low for a while.