Lta

dockery07

I just checked and it is 3.50 a lb now delivered to DFW. Sorry I guess they raised their prices. What type of setup do you have?

jferrier

http://saltaquarium.about.com/gi/dyn...%2F032698.html
check that site out.
It lists natural hosts and other generally accepted ones.
Well I just moved from a 30 gallon to a 58.
I have a cpr bakpak skimmer and 4 rotating power heads on
diy pvc pipes with holes (theory being that the holes in the pipes will pull water from across the entire tank instead of just below the power head. I have a power compact w/ 3 35 watt actinic and 1 35 watt white. I'm periodically using the standard carbon hang on to keep the water very clear.
I lost my sebae recently. Don't really know why exactly. All parameters were in check.
Where was the website again? I pulled up a marine search page when I tried but found nothing on lr. Do you have the exact link to the page w/ the price?

jferrier

Ok. All this talk of fish and I'm only 10 minutes from Dallas North.
Must resist temtation.
What setup do you have?
I'm looking around for alternatives to spending $129 for a refugium but that's going to be my next project.
I'm also thinking about turning my 30 gal into a cleaner shrimp maternity ward. Those little guys are just too expensive.

dockery07

Let see what do I have? I have too much stuff. I have a 125 custom built reef tank with 200lbs of live rock and all kinds of stuff. I have a 46 das system with the doctortang, clown and firefish and 50lbs of live rock. I have a 29 bowfront that I am going to use for seahorses it has about 30lbs of live rock. I just got another 125 I am going to use as fish only.
That is not fair I am about 45 minutes from Dallas North. I have to make a trip out of it.:(

jferrier

Oh, I live an hour away.
And work is 10 minutes away. And I'm still at work!
So that's not fair!
Wow sounds like you are addicted too. How long you been a junkie?

dockery07

About 2 years. My neighbor is one too. It is not good, I have someone to venture out with durning the day. Have you been to the new Dallas North yet?

jferrier

Yes. The building is really nice. I went 2 days after they opened and their fish looked terrible. I think they were stressed from the sudden move. My friends have said they look ok now though.
I think they are calling it the sebae clown or is that different?
Look at the scientific name. I thought it ended w/ clarkii.
Yeah my two roomates have taken up the hobby too.
Our garage is full of empty distilled water cartons.

dockery07

Okay so you have people to egg you on too. It is not fair, I want it all I like almost everyfish. With the exception to this clarkii but I am trying to make him happy. Although tonight when he is sleeping I am going to try and snag him. Then I can put him into the other 125. I got one of the tangs out but so far no luck with him.
I have been there also, did not look at fish much, I was looking for some lights.

jferrier

I got a sweet deal on some used lights there. My roomate has searched all over the net and found some MH that weren't too expensive.
I'm trying to decide on walking dog or watching fish when I get home tonight. Better walk dog....fish don't bark!

clarkiiboi

Sorry, I didnt look closely before I posted it, it's just in my favorites and thought it would help. I saw saddlebacks and thought that worked, but that is a seabae, so I must be the one thats tired LOL, sorry bout that. But then again I dont remember the scientific name name off hand. Well anyways it was worth a shot. ;)

clarkiiboi

I would if I knew where DFW was (what you have posted for location) and if I didnt already settle for a sebae. Truely, I would of, I miss my boi (that means boy, hince the name, and at least I considered it a boy). Now that stinks, you were 4 weeks too late on the offer. LOL. :D

dockery07

Bummer and you probably dont want to come to Texas. DFW is Dallas/Ft. Worth.
Okay I guess I am stuck with him. He would not swim into the net either. I did catch a crab though

clarkiiboi

Copied this chart from Buzz from a post I just read. I'm not sure if there is any chart that specifically states Clarkii hosts, I am seeing the sebae/clarkii combo on the ones I looked at. I didnt think that Clarkii's were in with saddlebacks, as the sebaes are. Any ways here it is