Lumenaqua... WOW adjustable Kelvin ratings..

bill109

anyone every seen these? they are called lumenaqua and the bulbs are adjustble.. the k ratins can change the the press of a button.. so buying diff bulbs is no longer.. just turn the dial and bam.. it ranges frmo 2000k to 20000k
this 36 inch light is all yours at 1250..

man do i want one!

A

alexmir

the fixture costs that much, or just the bulb? 1200$ for a 36" system is alot. Do they say how it changes the K ratings? seems like it might wear the bulb out pretty fast?

rotarygeek

Yeah i saw the video on youtube of that system. The control for the kelvin's is like an ipod, you just rotate your finger around it in a cirlce and it turns it up or down. And it has 3 saved settings to select from. The only thing i could want more would be to have it cycle through your saved settings to give you the ultimate dawn to dusk cycle. But damn they are expensive.

pauloesco

Well it's not a bulb, but bulbs -- dimmable LEDs, so you can either use all whites or blues to dial in your Kelvin rating. Cool. Pricey. But cool.

wangotango

Most LED fixtures have this capability. The actual kelvin of the LEDs themselves isn't changing, just changing the intensity of the whites/blues renders a different color.

J

jstdv8

yeah, i watched that video a long time ago, pretty cool, got reds and yellows and blues. but I kinda doubt that those ligths are powerful enough for corals. Thats likely why we havn't heard much else about them.

d-man

I'm going to make a led light with a dimmable power source and it should be able to to this.