lunar and blueheaded wrasse

peasly1

can these 2 be kept together,from what I have read, wrasses in the same tank of the same species should be kept in male female only not 2 males.But what about 2 different species such as these..thanx for any info..125 gal

brian'sreef

those two guys can get pretty large and they love to swim. i'm not sure putting two would be such a great idea even in a 125 i almost put a lunar in mine but decided against it.. plus they eat a lot of smaller creatures live pods and mysids..so having two big eaters in one tank may not be a good idea.. just my opinion.. good luck hope you figure something out..
Brian

kris

I wouldn't reccomend two in the same tank even one your size. When they say not to have two males in one tank--most of the time I interpret that as going for any of the same type. For example most large angels are very similar in their behavior and reqiurements even though there are many different types of large angels. Or triggers -lots of similarities between the diffrent types. Same rule applies here--your looking at the large wrasses, very big, very aggressive, very hungry, very active and of course most are very cool.
I would choose one or the other and then give him a trigger to play with. Yes with a lunare this will be an aggressive tank now. ( I don't know if you wanted it that way or not??)

dugan

Just wanted to agree with and add to the post above... friend of mine had a lunar wrasse in his 300 and it terrorized everything in the tank... some physically and some psychologically - the constant swimming seemed to seriously aggravate some of the quieter fish in the tank. And it harrassed the Harlequin Tusk so badly he had to get rid of the HT.
:)
Katie