Lunar Wrasse

rwillo

Can anyone give me tips or advice on trying to catch a Lunar Wrasse in a 92 gallon reef tank? The fish is in excellent health but is too agressive to the other tank mates and I would like to remove it.
What are the chances that my LFS will buy it back? Will they even just take it back?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,

rwillo

No he doesn't bury in the sand. He just swims very quickly behind the live rock.
Thanks for the suggestion though.
I figured that about buying the fish back. Oh well.

stacyt

I took every peice of LR out of my 240 to remove mine. Tried to catch it a couple of times, but figured it would be quicker to tear the whole tank down.

stacyt

I know it's a pain to do. I had been wanting to remove a tang, damsel, and the wrasse for over 6 months. The only thing that kept me from doing it was the fact that I knew I'd have to tear the whole thing down. Then 1 night I saw the tang tearing up 1 of my puffers tails, and decided it was time to get it done.

latino277

were does he sleep at.
for the most part they either bury them selfs or wedge themselves between 2 rock. if either of these are true you can try to trap him???

saltfisher

A wrasse can be hard as hell to catch. They are so fast. I had to remove all my rock once to catch one that was too aggressive.