Lunare Wrasse acting wierd

steve102571

Just bought a 7.5" lunare wrasse, acclimated it and then placed him in my QT tank. At first, he hid in the corner and for the past 2.5 hrs, he has been laying on his side on the sand bottom and breathing fast. Is this normal? I had a lunare wrasse several years ago and he never did this???? Tank parameters are perfect, so what gives. I turned the lights off and placed a blanket over the tank to ease the transition. Any other good advise

dazed2040

I read somewhere that most wrasses when introduced to a new tank will lay on the bottom for a few days. You may think they are dying or dead. I would give it some time and see what happens.

zelfin

My Lunare Wrasse did the same thing. However, the next morning he was back moving and as lively as before. Not sure if this is normal or not though. I Just know it happened with my wrasse when i moved him to another tank.
Hopefully a pro out there can answer though.

srfisher17

Any fish can act very stressed at first---because they are. Your description sounds fairly normal for a wrasse and he'll probably be fine. Just keep things as quiet as possible and you said your water is fine---so there's really nothing else to do but give him time.

jayson417

Originally Posted by Zelfin
http:///forum/post/3045395
My Lunare Wrasse did the same thing. However, the next morning he was back moving and as lively as before. Not sure if this is normal or not though. I Just know it happened with my wrasse when i moved him to another tank.
Hopefully a pro out there can answer though.

Not a pro but my Lunar did the same thing. Now he is happy as can be, he shoots out of no where when i walk by thinking its food time :) He should be fine.