Lunare Wrasse Fat Lip...need help...

marillion

I ordered an 8" Lunare wrasse for the show tank at the LFS I work at, the tank is a 150. The other two inhabitants are a 11" black Volitan lionfish and a 17" Leopard Shark (I know, I know, but it was there 2 years before I started working there.), and it's been in the tank for one week now.
Two days ago, I noticed that both it's lips were fat, like it got punched in the mouth. The only thing I can deduce is that maybe it tried to nip one of the lion's spines and got stung, but I'm not sure.
I put some Melafix in the tank, but other than that I have no idea how to treat it.
The tank has been up for 5 years, has crushed coral as a substrate, and about 200 lbs of live rock.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Peace,
Chip

kris

That would be my guess too--, i think in time it will heal, but do you have another tank that will support a big, aggressive, and DUMB fish, so it doesn't happen again???

marillion

We will in a bit...we're expanding the saltwater section by about 20 tanks. We had some interest in people wanting to buy him, but for some reason he hasn't sold yet. Now it'll be impossible to sell him unless someone wants to treat him.
Thanks for the help.
Peace,
Chip