lunare wrasse

eva b.

I have a lunare wrasse that has gotten so aggrssive. He has killed my banded wrasse and neon goby. I have debated on taking him back to where I purchased him and just let them have him. Even tho he is gorgeous, I don't like his behavior. He has even beaten up my hawk fish. Have any of you had this experience with this species of wrasse? And what are the most docile varieties of wrasses to put in a community tank?

grouperhead

Lunare's are one of, if not the most aggressive species of wrasse. All of the tankmates he killed were not suited to live with him. Lunare tank mates need to be big, not easily bothered/stressed, and able to defend themselves. Your profile says you have a 55g tank, IMO that is too small for a lunare. Take him back for credit or something like that. Bo

eva b.

Thanks Bo. Consider him gone. Sad thing was my banded wrasse was larger than the lunare. Will know better next time. Where I bought him won't give me a credit but at least they can resell him. Let him terrorize someone else's tank. I have percula clowns, hawk fish, neon goby, and two pseudochromis' in the tank. Beings I like the wrasses so well, what variety would get along with the others in the tank? Would appreciate your input. Thanks again.