lymphocystis?

fishfry

I believe my banded goby has lymphocystis. It is a cotton ball on one fin about the size of a pin head. I have been trying to battle ich on the yellow tang with freshwater dips according to a fish pro i know. He said do this for 3 days. How do i treat the goby if he/she has lymphocystis? Will the same treatment work?
I am doing a freshwater dip at 2 1/2 mins on the tang, 1 1/2 mins for the clown, and 2 1/2 for the goby in fresh RO water. According to him he said the gobies are pretty hardy and do really need to be dipped unless it worsens. According to the LFS they said that i have to boost the immune system of the fish. I have been do everything according to what all say. Ie. raise temp to 82 deg from 80. Feeding slightly more and halting water changes temporarily.
How does this all sound? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Once the tang is healthy we will be getting rid of it b/c of the overwhelming concern about my tank being to small for him. I didnt know but now i do so thats our plan. All readings are accurate and correct except for nitrates which are slowly coming down.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Ich is not cured by FW dips. Please read the post on hyposalinity and ich in the FAQ Thread at the top of this forum.
The goby may have ich as well.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by fishfry
what do fw dips cure then?
If you blow your nose it clears the snot....but the snot comes back if you have a cold. Your system has a cold...you take the fish out blow their nose ...and put them back in to the diseased system. Treat for the cold and stop blowing the noses.
Sorry for the gross illustration...it's late