Mac/Vaio/ps3 Question

jacknjill

I was wondering if there was any kind of cord out there I could use to play my ps3 though my mac desktop and/or my sony vaio laptop? If there is, would there be a lag such as when using an HDMI cord? This jsut crossed my mind because my mac has such an awesome display I thought it would be nice to play ps3 on it. Any ideas?
Thanks!

stdreb27

Originally Posted by JacknJill
http:///forum/post/3242806
I was wondering if there was any kind of cord out there I could use to play my ps3 though my mac desktop and/or my sony vaio laptop? If there is, would there be a lag such as when using an HDMI cord? This jsut crossed my mind because my mac has such an awesome display I thought it would be nice to play ps3 on it. Any ideas?
Thanks!
What kind of mac do you have? And what kind of video inputs do you have on your vaio if any?
I've seen stuff that goes out from usb to an HDMI for a tv but not the other way around. I'm assuming you have a dvi input for your mac monitor? you can buy a converter (just google component to dvi) they run around 100 bucks or so that you can hook up. Assuming you have the run of the mill ps3 video cable.