MacroAlgae Overgrowth

P

peterphunk

I hoping someone will have a few ideas. Two months ago I had a power outaged that almost wiped out my tank. Since then my bubble algae and calerpa have overgrown their welcome. I'm just wondering if there is a invert or fish that thrives off of either of these two macroalgaes or should I just trim them down?

josh

Tangs will eat calerpa and I beleive that angels will as well. As for the bubble algae, emerald crabs do well at cleaning it up.
Josh

kelly

peterphunk,
You can also harvest or pull the caulerpa out by hand. I would first check for nitrates and phosphates. Something is fueling the caulerpa. As Josh said, the emerald crabs will do a good job on the bubble algae. Do not pop it though. There is a type of caulerpa similar to feather caulerpa, but I can not remember it right now the will grow like crazy in tanks. Just found the name... Caulerpa taxifolia. I have had it in the past, and it will grow up to a few inches per day. There is legislation to have it banned in California.
Kelly

nasotang00

I'm with Josh, My tangs love love it. The bubble though, yes get some emerald crabs. I purchased 3 of them the other day and most all my bubble is gone!!