Made it 7 months with the filters on my RO/DI

chrisely24

I just noticed last weekend that my TDS had risen to 1.
I went ahead and ordered the 3 filters (carbon, D.I, and the pre-filter). I went ahead and got the 90 gpd piggyback from spectrapure also.

It will be nice to make water twice as fast or close to it. I hope it doesn't make too much of a difference in my pressure.

snakeblitz33

That's cool. Mine is sitting at 7. I'll change it out when it hits 10. My system has eight filters, so its more work to change them. Lol

Good job though, testing and staying vigilant.

chrisely24

Thanks Snake, yeah I found 10" filters pretty cheap on Ebay but I didn't want to chance the quality so I just got them from Spectrapure.

snakeblitz33

I buy the sediment filters from walmart and I get the DI resin and bulk carbon refills from bulk reef supply. Then my water softener filter I get from airwaterice. I like the refills, seems to save money in the long run.

chrisely24

I buy the sediment filters from walmart and I get the DI resin and bulk carbon refills from bulk reef supply. Then my water softener filter I get from airwaterice. I like the refills, seems to save money in the long run.
Yeah, I might have to look in to the refills next change out. I think I will need to buy the empty filters though.