Madison, Wisconsin Frag Swap Jan 27

sula

For any one in our area
, mark your calendars now for the upcoming MARS Frag Swap on Jan 27.
Location and other specifics are still to be finalized, but the date has been set.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.

c&d_j

Any details on this yet? I know my son (Juice) and I would be interested in this.
So is it just swapping or do they sell frags cheap also? Neither of us have much and working on building our tanks.
Thanks

sula

Yes, many people come just to buy, last year's swap was a great success. The location has still not been finalized, but the date is definite. I will update this as more details become available.
Thanks!

sula

Here are the updated details:
The swap will be held Sunday, January 27th from 1-3 pm at the warehouse of Silver Stone Construction. The location is 3432 County Rd N # B, Cottage Grove, WI just off highway 12/14. The swap will open at 11 am for swapper and vendor setup. From 12-1 pm, swappers will have a chance to trade with other swappers, check out whats available from vendors etc. At 1 pm the swap will open to all and run for two hours (1-3). At 3 pm we will have a beginner's fragging demo and propgation workshop with some of the resulting frags being given away at the end (yay!). We are again going to ask for a $5 donation from swappers (families/friends being dragged along are free but the entry gets you the door prize ticket ) to again split towards reef conservation, securing a space next year/renting tables and supporting the MARS website. There will be some nice door prizes.
Vendors and swappers should contact meisen either via email (meisenhandler at gmail dot com) or pm to reserve space (hobbyists are free, vendors are asked to donate a reasonable door prize to the swap as an entry fee). There will be a limited number of tables and spaces though if we know you are coming, we can look into renting more tables. If you need electricity at your space, please plan on bringing an extension cord and power strip if needed. We are not currently planning on having salt water available.meisen

juice_1080

Originally Posted by Sula
We are not currently planning on having salt water available.
So what freshwater corals then?

juice_1080

I guess I am lost....What would I need saltwater for? Unless he is talking about the vendors having to use their own water and not making it there.

juice_1080

Alright. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to bring my own saltwater if I wasn't going to be bringing anything, since I don't have anything to swap at this point because I am just starting my tank up still.

V

vicegrip

I have never been to a swap. I'm going to try to make it.
I don't know about bring frags since i don't know how everything works and Madison is a 70 mile drive for me.

sula

Don't feel you can only come if you bring frags. Many, many people come just to buy. It's a really great place to pick up frags at a decent price.
With your drive, you'd probably want to bring a mini cooler and heat pack just to help keep things warm

sula

Originally Posted by Sula
The swap will be held Sunday, January 27th from 1-3 pm
at the warehouse of Silver Stone Construction. The location is 3432 County Rd N # B, Cottage Grove, WI just off highway 12/14. The swap will open at 11 am for swapper and vendor setup. From 12-1 pm, swappers will have a chance to trade with other swappers, check out whats available from vendors etc. At 1 pm the swap will open to all and run for two hours (1-3).
At 3 pm we will have a beginner's fragging demo and propgation workshop with some of the resulting frags being given away at the end (yay!). We are again going to ask for a $5 donation from swappers (families/friends being dragged along are free but the entry gets you the door prize ticket ) to again split towards reef conservation, securing a space next year/renting tables and supporting the MARS website. There will be some nice door prizes.
Vendors and swappers should contact meisen either via email (meisenhandler at gmail dot com) or pm to reserve space (hobbyists are free, vendors are asked to donate a reasonable door prize to the swap as an entry fee). There will be a limited number of tables and spaces though if we know you are coming, we can look into renting more tables. If you need electricity at your space, please plan on bringing an extension cord and power strip if needed. We are not currently planning on having salt water available.meisen
The swap runs from 1-3. Everything before that is just the set up time for anyone bringing frags, also a dedicated time for those people to swap amongst themselves, otherwise they get too busy to see what anyone else has!
Does this make sense?

juice_1080

Yea I was just curious about the 12-1 time. That is a good point, I guess they probably aren't there for the sole purpose of selling. I will see you there.....in a month

sula

One last bump for anyone in the area who hasn't seen this before....hope to see you tomorrow!