Mag 5 for sale

crf230

I think this is a mag 5 pump. It is very powerful and has a lot of life left in it. I found it my grandma's garage, and she wanted to get rid of it. I think it was used on a pond, but I'm not shore. I don't know how old it is either. Make me an offer $$. Klauger@verizon.net

lpardshark

Have u plugged it up, and hear it run? More than likely the impeller has got to be replaced which is bout $20 I'll offer u $10 and can have ups at your door to pick it up on my account. If not no worries...

crf230

I plugged it in and it runs great. I don't think it needs a new impeler. If I can only get $10.00 for it I will keep it.

chipmaker

Couple of questions........what method of deductions was used to determine usefull life left in the pump? Curious, as I sure would like to figure out how muchlife is left in mine.
How can yu determine by the pics provided its gonna need a impeller? I would like to know that too as it would save me lots of problems having to take all my various pumps apart. I have found that age has no bearing on an impeller being bad so whats the secret there?
I think $25 to 30 would be a pretty fair price for the pump, as Petsmart had them on sale not long ago for like $49.00 and they sell around here locally for about 60.00

crf230

I'd problably let it go for $25.00.
On quick question for you. Do you think a mag 7 is to big for a 29 gallon aquarium. I have on on my christmas list, before I found this pump in my grandmas garage. After I plugged the mag 5 in, I'm a little nerviouse about the mag 7 being to much water flow. My overflow box will handle it, but is it to much for inhabitants of my tanks? Thanks!!!