mag drive pump any good??

I just found a Supreme Mag drive pump rated at 2400GPH brand new for $75.00 Do you guys think that this is a good deal??Any of you have any opinions on this brand.Also found some Rio's but from what I've heard most of you down rio's
So what do ya think :cool:

ogitrev

Wasted:
I use a MagDrive 9 (900 GPH) for my 55 and it works great! You can use the MagDrive either in-line or submersed. 75$ for 2500 GPH is a great deal. I paid about $80 for mine. I would recommend that pump.
- Tom

tangman99

I replaced my rio 2500 with a Mag 7 and it has worked flawlessly so far. The rio would not restart when it lost power.
It's a solid pump and works great for me.
Tangman :D

ironreef

mag pumps are fair pumps for the price.. only prob is don't overtighten= they can break easy when doing this

fish fry

My Mag 7 added a lot of heat to the water. Just something to be aware of. Besides that they are great pumps and a good value.
Tom

fish fry

If it added any heat it would be a nominal amount when you have it in-line. Although I can't say for sure since I used mine submereged. The heat shouldn't be a problem unless it gets really hot where you are in the summer.
Tom
[ October 21, 2001: Message edited by: Fish Fry ]

ironreef

doesn't matter how you mount it it wil add a small amount of heat. they are cooled by the water. all pumps without fans are cooled the same way. Only inline pumps don't heat as much but they may create more noise= fan