Mag drive pump spitting up bubbles in DT?

inawe

Now that my lights are up, maybe the "sand" flying is zillions of tiny bubbles? What can stop this? Is my pump too powerful...9.5 mag drive on a 75g with about 4 feet to lift.

scotts

To see if it is bubbles or your sand turn off your pump. Do the things go up or down? Up they are bubbles, down the are sand. Check the inlet of your pump, is there a small whirlpool near it. If so that could be the bubbles. Another, though harder to find thing is a leak in your inlet plumbing. You think it would leak water, but it would actually suck air in the line and cause bubbles.

scotts

Did you hard plumb in your pump? Meaning did you use PVC? If you did then one way to correct a pinhole leak on the intake side of a pump is to shut off the pump, drain the plumbing and make sure it is dry on the outside. Then smear the area around the fitting with PVC glue.

dbmtrman

I have a mag drive pump in my sump and when the water level gets to low, It starts a whirlpool and sucks air. The way I solved the problem was to put a sharpie mark on the side of the sump and make sure the water level doesn't fall below that point. Other ways are to either move the pump or if you have a skimmer running inside the sump, try moving the skimmer's output closer to the mag drive input. That seemed to solve my problem.

inawe

Most of the zillions of micro bubbles seem to be originating in the chamber with the blue bioballs. Does the sump/fuge need these or would it not help to get them out?