Mag Float RAZOR

ifirefight

I got my mag float razor blade attachment today..... It is AWESOME !!! My glass is spotless... I highly recommend it. Why didnt I think of that invention???

ifirefight

I cant posts links...but do a search and you will find many different kinds. Its basicily a piece of plastic that attaches to the top of the magfloat and allows a razor blade to be attached..turning your magfloat into a razorblade scrapper.

nietzsche

lol thats cool that you got it even though people disagreed with you about getting it. i want to buy one also.
does it take a specific shape of blades?

ifirefight

Originally Posted by nietzsche
i want to buy one also.
does it take a specific shape of blades?
YES, it does.....I was hoping I could use a regular blade....but it uses a longer blade..The company claims these are available at your LFS....I have yet to confirm or deny that claim though.

ifirefight

Originally Posted by bjoe23
Thats awesome! Work good?
Yes.. It works very well.
I am able to get to al those hard to reach areas in the tank....

bjoe23

Originally Posted by ifirefight
Yes.. It works very well.
I am able to get to al those hard to reach areas in the tank....
Cool, Ill look out for it

bronco300

ive seen em but never tried them out...didn't know if it would be tight enough to the glass to get it scraped well....good to hear it works well!

new2salt1

Do these work on acrylic? (I cant see how a razor COULD)
Is there any comparable product for us acrylic reefers?
Great invention by the way. I just tried to make something the other day. I went to a local office store, got the strongest 2 magnets I could find, then I superglued this latex material that had little scrubber-looking nipples on it. I wanted something tiny to get around the corners of my 3 gallon tank...and this thing didn't work at all. The magnet worked, but the latex stuff I used did not run smooth over the acrylic, and the indentations where not strong enough to remove the small algae spots.
Anyone have an idea how I could DIY this?

Is this something you use with a mag filer? or pump? Or can this scraper be used on its own?? This info may help me in deciding what to buy for my new 55 gal.
Thanks