Magfloat question?

puffrbware

I'm thinking of buying a mag for my 125- but im not sure if it works or which 1 to get. i also want to know if i need to replace the pads and always keep up and maintain the Mag.
Thanks guys!
Danny

pontius

I have one and it works good. get the real thing though, not the dinky rip-off from WalMart. I don't clean it or anything. you'll still need some kind of razor or something to get the algae that grows on the glass down at the bottom at the sand.

T

tizzo

The different sizes of mag floats are for different thicknesses of glass (or acrylic). I just measured the glass on my 90, it's .35 inch or a little less than half (I did it with a micrometer). But I have the medium mag float and it works great for my thickness of glass. If your glass is thicker, I would get the more powerful, large one. HTH:)

badkharma

They are well worth the money. Get the size appropriate to your thickness of glass/acrylic. Like people have mentioned, stay away from the knockoffs and be careful not to get sand in the pad, especially with acrylic.

tgill

Be careful if you are playing with it before you put it into your tank. It bit my wifes hand and her finger was back and blue....

robchuck

They are amazing tools! I would probably get the large Mag Float, as 125's are typically made of 3/8" glass, and the large Mag Float works well on that size glass.