Magnet Cleaner for Acrylic Tank

My LFS told me that I shouldn;t use a magnet cleaner especially made for Acrylic. It might still scratch my acrylic tank.. The tank is 55 gal. uniquarium..HOw can I clean it? Ira bit deep and can't rach my arm...yikes!! Any suggestions???:help:

sergeant

I use a micro fiber filter padding between the magnets. The stuff that comes in the magnets will scratch it.

HOw much does it cost? HOw about the external part of the acrylic tank? is it safe to use while I have the micro fiber on the inside part of the tank?:notsure:

squidd

Yup...softer "pad"...
But as with any magnetic cleaner (even on glass) you want to be carefull NOT to get sand caught between it and the tank....
Scratch City...

tony detroit

I used a magfloat acrylic safe on my old acrylic till I scratched it.
I started using the kent aquascraper, which IMO works better after that and it worked great, never scratched. If you use the magnet BE VERY CAREFUL.

jotade

IMO, you need to be very careful with the amount of force/pressure you use even with the Kent scraper and credit cards.
I've managed to scratch my acrylic with these while scraping the sides of my tank.
You need a light touch, and to hit the area several times to get rid of the harder algae... for this reason I wouldn't trust a magnet cleaner.