Magnificent foxface

bigal0221

Mine did a timr or two when I first introduced her to the DT, maybe it happens when they are nervous or spooked. I have not seen it happen any since she has gotten over her nervousness.

K

kravjitsu

Mine did it yesterday. I don't recall it being spooked for any reason but who knows, I wasn't really watching. My fiancee went to feed him or put a piece of seaweed on the clip or something and asked me what that goo was.
Mine loves seaweed and plays with the empty clip. I think that they are playful, I see mine play in the powerhead current and trying to hang out with my lionfish all the time. A great addition imo.

evanjah

i had one got rid of it due to not being reef safe, but very bold and always near the glass to greet me. Im sure it depends individually on the fish.

rlablan

I have had 1 in nearly every tank. I did eventually get rid of mine but then got another one. Every time I went near my tank, I couldn't help but feel like there was a void in my tank with out a Foxface. I personally prefer the 1 spot foxface, over the magnificent.

mjm889

a ff and a yellow tang were my first fish i ever had in my 55 gallon tank 18 years ago. the most common fish but still one of my favorites

rlablan

I did not specifically raise this one, but I used to service a tang that had one that was about 9" and it was about 2 inches wide (like fat wise)... That was quite a large fish and I estimate that he was about 5 lbs... give or take.
They got him when he was 3 inches...
I have also seen some pretty big ones in the LFSs. I think the normal is around 7 to 9 inches... but they don't grow too quickly for me... I think the owners of that large one had him for about 6 years or so.

mjm889

nice my mag fox face is about 5-6 inches now. im sure it will take along time for him to grow compare to my 2-3 inch clown trigger who seems to be growing like a weed!