magnum 350 charcoal filter canister

salty rob

Has anyone solved the problem of being able to load this assembly and put it back together. I am ready to trash it.
The body is a flexible plastic screen and the end-cap pieces are joined together. it is impossible to assemble.:notsure:

ohioreef

If it is like my Magnum HOT, only one of my ends comes off, the other stays attached. I'm not sure if yours is the same or not.
Mine is on my tank so I can't post a photo.

squidd

The end with the "hole" is the bottom...the end with the "dimple" is the top...
The top comes off...

va2kgt

not trying to be mean but if you cant assemble the charcoal container then you do not need to be keeping saltwater fish.
but anyways, there is a black rod that snaps in place on the inside to keep the black top and bottom from separating from the mesh screen. geat the screen in the grooves of the black plastic and snap the rod in place. viola! an assembled media cartrige. its about 4 pieces i think (mesh, plactic skeleton top bottom and back, mesh screen, and cap) and should take about 15 seconds to fully assemble. good luck

va2kgt

im actually a high school student, but it really doesnt take a rocket scientist to assemble the magnum carbon cartrige. Now if you were having problems assembling the entire unit, then i could see where you may have some problems...

D

daniel411

Originally posted by Squidd
The end with the "hole" is the bottom...the end with the "dimple" is the top...
The top comes off...

Thats it.... relax, we all make silly mistakes.

squidd

:eek: Taken out of "context" that does look a bit funny...

Kind of like the sign at the Bar ...
"Liquor in the Front...Poker in the Rear..."

jlem

Originally posted by va2kgt
not trying to be mean but if you cant assemble the charcoal container then you do not need to be keeping saltwater fish.

For not trying you accomplished it pretty well.

squidd

Sure they do,
The "top" with the "dimple", 1/2" thick, comes off the upper "ring" that is holding the screen and botom section together with the vertical plastic brace...
I'm running carbon with it right now or I'd take a picture to show the "split" in the top section.

denny hunter

SaltyRob, dont feel bad or itimidated ! I got one a few months back and had the same feeling before I sat down and figured it out ! The media (carbon in this case) pours all around the middle "sleeve" with the little black cap on it... The "dimple" top cover does seperate (dimple pointed down) rather easily after you play around with it awhile !