Mail order corals and fish

frankl15207

I haven't ordered saltwater fish sight unseen since 1968 (not a typo). The selection in my area has greatly diminished over the past few years and I was wondering if any of you had favorites with online suppliers of livestock. I apologize if this is off topic.
The packages at Saltwaterfish.com look pretty nice.
Thanks in advance.

birdy

I have ordered a clean up crew and fish from SWF. I was fairly happy the first time and just today I got a couple of fish and a few more inverts and I was thrilled. I was a little wary of buying fish unseen but they look terrific and they seem to have come through shipping and acclimation okay. Most of SWF customer service is done over e-mail but they are very prompt at getting back to you if you have problems or questions.

taku

along with this site... I've ordered live goods from ***********.com and ffexpress.com with no complaints

rockster

I have ordered livestocks from FFE, Anchofish, and SWF and is satisfied. Stay away from World Wide Pet Supplies and in package deals, in general (except this site).

The first time I ordered from this site I got a package of inverts, the second time I did the u-build-it package from here. I was pleased both times. Good livestock, arrived alive, acclimated well and no fatalities.
IMHO you cannot beat the guarantee, which you cannot get from the LFS, and the customer service is above and beyond.
Finding the u-build-it section was difficult for me...my screen must be short. To your left on this screen I see 2 1/3 pictures. One says reef packages under it, one says live fish under it and of course I cannot see what is under the third picture...that is the u-build-it section.
I am home one day a week so I ask for delivery on that day in the special instructions. My last shipment was ready to go, they were out of one item I ordered so they called my house, got my pager number off the answering machine and paged me to ask for a substitution. That is customer service. The prices are fair here and quality is great.

wolffam

Ordering site unseen off the internet is getting to be the way on most everything today. Some of the things that I look for before placing orders is the follow: What guarantees to they have? Is their customer service easily reachable? How is their products packaged? What is the reputation of the site? Although price is an issue, generally I have learned that you get what you pay for. Several sites I have looked into couldn't be reached by phone or wouldn't return my calls. Needless to say, they never get my business. If I can't call to ask questions, will they be there when I need help? HTH