Maintenance Books & Logs

So I am printing like a mad fool all of the tips, techniques, etc and am going to make up a reference binder for myself.
I figured at that time, I may as well do a binder for the tank maintenance as well. I have thought of the following tabs: Water Tests, QT Tank Log, Fish/Livestock Log ...
What else will be useful?
Thanks so much!
Kat

sickboy

Supplements and water changes to go along with your testing. Light cycle changes.
I'm sure there is more, but I can't think of any...

tank a holic

light bulb replacement, irregular fish behavior, filter media rinse / replacement (applies to mechanical filtration) general maintenance i.e. glass cleaning, hood cleaning etc etc
any time you change anything like temp or lighting time jot down what you changed and why, then weather or not it helped
it is easy to start a log and then quit after a month or so....
keep at it, make it a habit to write down anything you do even simple top off's in a general category it will make it easier to remember to write down the major stuff

E

eric b 125

this might be a little far-fetched, but what about adding in your water and electric bill for that month. i know there are a lot of other factors determining these bills than our tanks, but if you use relatively the same amount of h20/elec a month and add MH to your system, you could see how much additional elec youre using

i've been thinking about doing this as well. i have thought of water tests, maintenance (to come up w/ regular schedule) and also when/where i bought everything so i can see how long equip lasts, and how long i've had fish.
let us know what you come up with

king_neptune

Originally Posted by Eric B 125
http:///forum/post/2967555
this might be a little far-fetched, but what about adding in your water and electric bill for that month. i know there are a lot of other factors determining these bills than our tanks, but if you use relatively the same amount of h20/elec a month and add MH to your system, you could see how much additional elec youre using

Really hard to do electric spikes ect. I spent $90 on my bill during the coldest months this year, because I kept heat on in the bedroom and game room only.. This month, its $350 because I wasn't frugal at all, I kept the garage door open 24/7 to keep it warm so I could work on my tank.
Next month Ill go to normal use...the house heated, but the garage door shut. And proably spend around $150...I hope :(

E

eric b 125

yeah, i figured there's too many variables, but my electric bill is about $90 year round (gas-heat). there's other ways of figuring out how much your equipment adds to your monthly bills (kilowatt hours).