majano help

al mc

Originally Posted by forcrz6
http:///forum/post/3054450
Okso I have a majano issue.
Will Aptisia X or Joes help? If so how much per dose?
I have had the best results from peppermint shrimp or Berghia Nudibranchs.

spanko

Yeah I have not read before that peppermint shrimp eat majano but who knows I guess.
Can you take the rock with it out of the tank? The best way to get rid of these critters is out of the tank, regular table salt on them and they fall off the rock. From there you can do what you wish, Tapas, hors d' oeuvres, dried out for trail mix etc. etc. (J/K on the food part I hope you know)

forcrz6

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3054667
Yeah I have not read before that peppermint shrimp eat majano but who knows I guess.
Can you take the rock with it out of the tank? The best way to get rid of these critters is out of the tank, regular table salt on them and they fall off the rock. From there you can do what you wish, Tapas, hors d' oeuvres, dried out for trail mix etc. etc. (J/K on the food part I hope you know)
But But They taste like chicken
right?

catfishcity

i used joes juice on my majanos and aiptasia and they went away in a couple of hours. i love that stuff and it is pretty cheap.

socalnano24

I've got a majano that is literally touching one of my mushrooms. They came on the rock together; I've had it for at least three weeks and it hasn't grown or bothered anything in the tank, it looks like such a happy lil anemone, do they always cause problems eventually?
So anyways, how can I remove it without bothering the mushroom? Can I just use a pair of dikes(pliars) and just cut it off?

tscuda

The shroom might shrivel up some but it should be ok. I got some on my Ric's once. They puked but was fine the next day.

forcrz6

So I boiled the 1 rock that was just covered from end to end with the majano's. I then got joes juice for the others that were spread through out the tank. I also got the Aptisas that were in the tank too.
So far so good. All my corals and other anenomies look fine. After a while I turned the pumps back on. The skimmer over acted for a few moments But better now. I just have some Micro bubbles. But looking good.