Majano?

bigb

Can't find very many good pics to compare this to. Is it majano? It was on a mushroom rock but has moved off to a different rock and may have split.

pitbull01

Originally Posted by BigB
Can't find very many good pics to compare this to. Is it majano? It was on a mushroom rock but has moved off to a different rock and may have split.
That IS a majano. Just a hungry one-which is good, it means it will die! :cheer: Thats why the tentacles look kinda long and stringy...

revroy

could some one tell me why majano is bad?

I have two that came on a Piece of LR. I don't have any fish yet but will soon, are they bad to sting? I'm doing a fish only tank and they are adding a little color to the tank right now. I have just finished my cycle with a 33Gal and put in six snails and a red hermit crab. I'm adding a shrimp tomarrow and two clowns next week. that will be all I'm adding to the tank.If they are not harmfull I'll leave them if they are I'll Nuke
them asap.

T

thomas712

Simply put they are a pest in the following way. They are like the star trek tribbles, they just keep on multiplying and take up space. I have not seen any evidence that they are as bad as the aiptaisa but still they are bad enough and should be eliminated from your aquarium.
Thomas

golfish

Originally Posted by Thomas712
I have not seen any evidence that they are as bad as the aiptaisa but still they are bad enough and should be eliminated from your aquarium.
Thomas

I wonder if a Copperband BBF will eat majano's like they eat aiptaisa?

bigb

Well, it looked exactly like the small pic in Thomas712 post #4. It was on a rock with some shrooms and xenia, the LFS told me it was a polyp but he didn't know what kind. Oh well I was buying the shrooms and thought for once I might get a bonus. It had moved to a new rock and split into three in just three days. Looks like I have some work to do.