Majestic in a reef

guppie

I have a good friend that is looking to put a majestic in his 125gal reef, the tank is full of softies and lps with some zoo's, I know that with all angels it is hit and miss, what info I am looking for is if anyone has one in a reef and how it is doing, and if it is working out what you did to make it work, I remember that I have read of some people with them in their reef and they are doing well. Thanks for the info in advance

wax32

I can't imagine a majestic in a reef and it NOT eating all the corals. If someone has one that's gotta be a fluke! :D

goldenboy

I had to sell my majestic and bicolor when I upgraded my tank. It sucks to get rid of some of the coolest looking fish, but if you have the $ you can find good substitues. The only angels that seem to have a low munchy rate is the flame. I have a chevron tang because I like the red, but don't want to risk it...

pitbull01

My brother in law has a Majestic and an Emperor angel in his 90 gallon reef. He has all sorts of leathers and small polyped corals and a few large polyped corals. Majestics don't eat corals, they eat algae- regardless of what others say. At Shedds Aquarium in Chicago they have a majestic in a 46 gallon bowfront tank with bubble corals and frogspawn and torch corals and even super meaty hammer and elegance corals!!! It is the emperor that he has to watch for. He has been in the hobby for so long that he has gotten so much advice that he knows what people have tried coral wise with angels and that is what he goes by. But if you want to put a majestic in a reef- go right ahead....it looks sweet, if I had a scanner, I would show some pictures. :happyfish

tomisfast

Goldenboy, I just wanted to let you know that the Majestic and Bi color angel are doing great. Thanks again.