Major Loss Today.........87*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coraljunky

Count is now at 31!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rainbow monti
Sunset monti
Bali slimer
Red cap
Purple w/blue polyp danae
Ora rose milli
Ora green birdsnest
Purple A. Awi
Purple polyp birdsnest
Purple Humilus
Blue tip tenuis
Green w/red polyp table
Blue milli
Should I keep going????..........................

coraljunky

Originally Posted by GrouperGenius
http:///forum/post/2586349
Anything I can help with, please let me know. You have helped me a ton in this hobby so far and I like to return the favor. This experience of yours has me shopping for a chiller or 2 now. Safety first.
Thanks Mark, It might be awhile. I'm in need of a break after this. I have Ranco temp controllers and a chiller on the way. I plan on wiring in the controller to shut off the halides at my max temp.

groupergenius

Originally Posted by coraljunky
http:///forum/post/2586379
Count is now at 31!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rainbow monti
Sunset monti
Bali slimer
Red cap
Purple w/blue polyp danae
Ora rose milli
Ora green birdsnest
Purple A. Awi
Purple polyp birdsnest
Purple Humilus
Blue tip tenuis
Green w/red polyp table
Blue milli
Should I keep going????..........................
No...your jerkin' a tear to my eye now.

grabbitt

Wow, man... I am so sorry to hear that...
Sounds like you had an amazing collection going in the tank, too

My heart goes out to your poor bluespot, as well.

groupergenius

http:///forum/post/2586384
Thanks Mark, It might be awhile. I'm in need of a break after this. I have Ranco temp controllers and a chiller on the way. I plan on wiring in the controller to shut off the halides at my max temp.
Justin, it might be better to have the Ranco turn the halides off a couple degrees over the cut on for the chiller. Just to help keep the light schedule from becoming real random.
Example. Chiller on at 79 off at 78. Ranco for halides to shut them down at 81 and back on at 78.

coraljunky

Originally Posted by GrouperGenius
http:///forum/post/2586405
Justin, it might be better to have the Ranco turn the halides off a couple degrees over the cut on for the chiller. Just to help keep the light schedule from becoming real random.
Example. Chiller on at 79 off at 78. Ranco for halides to shut them down at 81 and back on at 78.
Exactly

M

mr.craby

wow..Sorry to here about that, the other day when I got home I did a water change.The next day when I got home my wife noticed that all the corals were small and looking dead when I got up to the tank and looked at the t-stat it said 93 degrees ,so right away I emptied the whole fridge of ice into the tank and drained 15 gallons of water .I lost alot of corals as well so I feel your pain ..heater went a wall

ifirefight

http:///forum/post/2586246
my lighting timer(coralife analog)
I had that timer..It did the same thing,it would get stuck in the on or off position,then be fine,then do it all over again. I returned it 2 weeks later and went with Heavy Duty digital outdoor rated timers....I believe I even started a thread about how these are POS.

T

tizzo

The guy that I bought my tank from had mentioned that he went through TWO of those coralife timers. He was new to the hobby and extra upset because they are supposed to be made for these light set ups! I think he said they were 50 bucks apiece!!
I also use the cheapie outdoor timers from lowes. But I must admit, when I leave for 2 or 3 days, I just leave the lights off.
CJ, I hate this happened to you. This is just a bad week in the hobby I guess. I lost my VERY FIRST fish, as it was being shipped to me from charlotte. I shed my tear too. I told myself it was just a fish, but it didn't matter. Pets are pets and when something goes wrong, you feel awful. In a couple of days your attention will turn to replacing what you had. A little bit of PO'edness involved, but it's therapy.
If I had anything to send you I would, But I'm still just little 1 inch frags myself.

grabbitt

Originally Posted by ifirefight
http:///forum/post/2587084
I had that timer..It did the same thing,it would get stuck in the on or off position,then be fine,then do it all over again. I returned it 2 weeks later and went with Heavy Duty digital outdoor rated timers....I believe I even started a thread about how these are POS.
I use the outdoor timers as well. I've heard too many bad things about the Coralife timers.
Justin, what are the colonies that are still hanging on?

coraljunky

So far there haven't been any other losses. I still have my Green w/blue rim cap, all zoos, Idaho cap, Ora blue tort, Ora Oregon tort, Blue milli, Tyree War(still doesn't look happy), and a few frags. I'm definitely upgrading my timer or possibly getting a controller(DC8). Still running carbon, poly filter, and phosban. Replaced my 200 micron filter sock again and did my normal weekly water change. Thanks for the support everyone

Justin

grabbitt

What a horrible sight! They must have been so nice.
What was that big piece? Tenius?
I would ask to see a before pic, but that would just be cruel

C

calvertbill

I can't help but get depressed looking at your photos. It's not about money either, the time, effort and emotional commitment it takes to grow a frag into something impressive is immediately obvious to anyone in the hobby. I've got a monti which started out as a 1 1/2" frag and is now larger than a large grapefruit. It probably isn't worth a lot but I'm so pleased with the way it looks.
I spent $1,100 on my Current Prime 1 HP chiller and it gives me a lot of peace of mind. If you want to make it about the money I've got more than that in Austrailian acans.

bgbdwlf2500

sorry for your loss but who do you blame? YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you get someone who doesnt know what they are doing or you dont leave good directions as to what to do in every case.....you pay the price...i had a heater stick one time on a Discus tank..all of the sudden they were breathing heavy and at the top of the tank...guess what? heater stuck on temp was at 96.. i found it, anybody that didnt know what to look for would not have known what to do....
if you cant find someone who knows whats going on or that you trust you dont leave, no different in having a dog...