Make My Rocks Prettyful!

imurnamine

Whaaaa!

My LR isn't pretty and purpley anymoooooore. Or green.
It's all blah.
How do I get it to be fanciful again, hm?
Thaaaanks.

renogaw

get some nice kind person to send you some rubble rock full of coralline. I sent thud some, maybe someone closer down in florida may have some for you

spanko

Is this an established tank or a newly set up one? How long has the rock been in the tank?

imurnamine

I re-set up my 72.
All of the rocks in it were previously from that tank and my 29. It's a compilation of the two. A couple of the rocks are still full of coralline, just not most of them.

thud

Originally Posted by renogaw
get some nice kind person to send you some rubble rock full of coralline. I sent thud some, maybe someone closer down in florida may have some for you

renogaw

Originally Posted by thud

thud :) i know its too early to notice, but i hope it grows in for you. hey, email me about a yellow coral i have...
ImUrNamine, basically it will grow as long as your water quality is good. knowing your old tank, you'll have it covered soon.

dragonzim

Make sure you calcium is good, then take one of the rocks that still has some on it and scrub it lightly with a new toothbrush while it is still in the tank. This should release some spores that will attach to your other rocks

renogaw

Originally Posted by DragonZim
Make sure you calcium is good, then take one of the rocks that still has some on it and scrub it lightly with a new toothbrush while it is still in the tank. This should release some spores that will attach to your other rocks
just turn off the pumps first

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by DragonZim
Yep, as long as you are testing your water parameters and keeping them in place, it will grow back in time. Certainly make sure your calcium and alkalinity are in check and where they need to be.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by ImUrNamine
Okie dokie, sounds like a plan.
Also, what does 'Purple Up' do?
Shoots your calcium way too high, among other negative things. Certainly a product I would recommend against.

kanicky

Eh, I guess it's hit-or-miss with Purple Up. We've seen great results from it so far, and all levels are where they're supposed to be. I've heard of people having great results, and others having not-so-great results. Our bottle is almost gone, and we will let the natural growth process take on from there.
Definitely make sure your calcium and alkalinity are where they're supposed to be and give it some time. You'll have gorgeous rock soon :happyfish