Making a sump water proof silicone?

soccerbo24

I am DIY a sump and I have the glass piece but I'm not sure if the silicone I got is saltwater proof and if it harm full to corals and fish anyone know?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JSNGGQW/ref=mp_s_a_1_27?qid=1401379146&sr=8-27&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

geridoc

DO NOT USE! It is mold resistant, which usually indicates that there is some form of toxin in the adhesive to prevent growth - it could be lethal to organisms in your tank as it leaches out. Also, the Loctite web site says:

2quills

They're all mold resistant to a degree since that's the nature of silicone. Typically it's the acetoxy (acids) that can leach out and cause damage if not properly cured before being put into action on a live system.
That being said, polyseam seal is nasty stuff to work with. I'd stick with a 100% silicone. GE 1 & 2 typically works well on sumps. For larger tanks I'd recommend Momentum RVT commercial strength silicone.
Cure times can very between silicone depending on how heavy it's applied. Manufacturers recommendations are typically made based on a 1/8" bead. But for our purposes we usually apply it a bit heavier. I recommend a week or two for cure time for hobbyists purposes.
HTH

soccerbo24

What is the right silicone to use? I have a caulk gun but it is to large to be able to silicone a bubble trap what can I use?

2quills

This will work for your bubble trap baffles. Can find it at the local home improvement stores. GE window and door 100% silicone. Just don't try to submerge it after three hours. It skins over pretty quick but that doesn't mean it's cured.