Making a Switch, Perhaps?

imurnamine

As some of you know, I go to UAH (University of Alabama in Huntsville). I dorm here, though my family is only about 45 minutes away. I go to this school because my mother found it difficult to stretch the umbelical cord any longer than 45 minutes away. She helped me pay my cell phone bill and gave me money for groceries and whatnot since I was not allowed to juggle school AND a job.
For her, I stayed here. For financial support, I stayed here.
Since then, she and I had gotten in an argument over my medical bills, and she has cut off financial aid to me and disowned me. In addition to her neglect, my grandparents (her parents) are following in her footsteps. Without my mother and her support (both verbal and financial), I see no point in staying in the hellhole known as UAH.
So.
It boils down to this.
I want to go away. I am looking to go to a private Christian college, preferably Catholic. I wouldn't mind if it is an all girls' university or not. I don't care. Just Catholic, private, AWAY and NOT Judson. My sister went to Judson and it is evil. And nasty... because she went there.
So, if anyone knows of any outstanding ritsy Catholic colleges, let me know. I've been Googling it and I can't find diddly squat.
Oh yeah, I'm torn among:
Psychology
Labour and Delivery Nurse
Physical Therapy
Any help will be appreciated!

bayside

my brother goes to St. Scholastica in Duluth Minn. its a private catholic school and he likes it alot i believe. its a boys and girls school also. they have a person they see every 2 weeks to go over their grades and plan out what direction they want to head career wise. if you havent been to the duluth area the college is on the hill overlooking lake superior and if you have ever been to that area or seen pictures it is an amazing scenic area. lots of outdoor adventure type stuff, ie camping, hiking, snow boarding, lake activities.
ohhhh and as an added bonus you can watch the minnesota hockey teams kick the crap out of huntsville every year on tv.

imurnamine

Hahaha, my boyfriend is from Minnesota. That'd be interesting.
Thankyou very very much for your input! <3
Our hockey team is comprised of a bunch of Canadians. Yah, eh?

seasalt101

if you go there keep them doors on your jeep have you ever heard the term lake effect? that means it's freakin cold i remember your post about 2 weeks ago i used to live in n. michigan and seems like every nite in the winter was -26 to -50 with the added bonus of lake effect (wind chill) just something a southern belle should know about tobin

shogun323

How about St. Leo's. It's right outside of Tampa, FL. I have a friend there and she loves it!!! By the way, you wont need jeep doors down here harldy ever!!!!

geridoc

Sounds like you will have some $$$ with college. You might consider St. John's, in Queens, New York. The Vincentians, who own the school, are very oriented towards aiding students who don't have deep financial resources.

phixer

I hope things work out for you, really. But wouldnt a Catholic University severly conflict with your viewpoints? not to mention the high cost of a private institution. I went to a Catholic school (Regis) and can tell you, they arent cheap. Besides...
UAH is no hell hole, Iraq is.

dragonzim

Sorry to hear about your issues with your mom.
I don't have any recommendations for schools, but I wanted to send over my sympathy!

imurnamine

Originally Posted by Phixer
I hope things work out for you, really. But wouldnt a Catholic University severly conflict with your viewpoints? not to mention the high cost of a private institution. I went to a Catholic school (Regis) and can tell you, they arent cheap. Besides...
UAH is no hell hole, Iraq is.

Conflict with viewpoints? I AM Catholic.
Money is not a problem, plus I have several scholarship-ish things that might help, if not, it's okay.
UAH isn't the hellhole. My LIFE at UAH is, on the other hand.
UAH isn't that bad. I just am really not happy with it.

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by ImUrNamine
Money is not a problem, plus I have several scholarship-ish things that might help, if not, it's okay.
Heres mine, ONE of the Best!
www.fairfielduniversity.com

firerescue

wherever you go, go into nursing. My cousin is a nurse and basically has the pick of places to work at plus one of the few jobs that there is a real need. She works with premature babies.

phixer

Originally Posted by ImUrNamine
I thought you said you were a liberal? dosent this conflict with Catholic viewpoints on issues such as abortion, gay marriage, etc...
After all how bad can your life be?, considering current events. My worst day here has been better than my best day over there.

imurnamine

Well. not that I should have to explain my reasons for my emotions...
My older brother killed himself
Three of my good friends died in the past year
My father has about 2 years left
My very best friend is about to get deployed to Iraq
And my fiance/boyfriend of 5 years broke up with me two weeks ago
My life isn't perfect.

phixer

You mentioned all of this before remember? Self pity is of little value in life. Although these are bad things they dont define you, do they? Take charge of your future and do what you feel is right. Regret is nearly as bad. Go get em.