Making a top speed run in my Corvette

tangman99

Here is the late -great John Lingenfelter installing my buddies blower. Rest in Peace John. He passed away December 2003 and was one of the best.

tangman99

Yeah, it was a shock. He was only like 52 or so. He was the best when it came to making anything move. My friend got to know him pretty well because his Vette was the first Magnusun (sp) Supercharger that Lingenfelter ever installed on the Corvette.

zemuro114

first year for the C5 should go 170 easily. I ran my 1980 at 120... and let off.. and my god they are built better then my 80!!
lingenfelter built a z06 to go 245+ mph and 0-60 in 1.97.. HOLY CRAP!!! what in gods name can beat that... nothing!! had to skip 2nd gear to get the best time... that is amazing

mobikobeyob

Originally posted by zemuro114
lingenfelter built a z06 to go 245+ mph and 0-60 in 1.97.. HOLY CRAP!!! what in gods name can beat that... nothing!! had to skip 2nd gear to get the best time... that is amazing

That cant be right the Enzo does it in like 2.5 or something.
Was it AWD?
I heard of an AWD 32 duece doing 0-60 in that time though. the CV shaft was like 2in. dia. lol
Mobi:D

zemuro114

not awd.. it was in a popular science magazine... it wasnt for sale or anything, they just tweeked it crazy, and had slicks on it... no lie :)

clownfishy

you need about 4 miles and that is a big over kill. took a 95 camaro wiht lt1 only mod done to it up to 160 in about 1 1/2 miles. you are over analysing just go do it. heck i can get my moms civic bone stock 4 banger to 120 in about 2 miles

zemuro114

an LT-1 "done up" is quite different from a ligenfelter. I don't know how much room they had, all they said in the article was 0-60 in 1.97, and over 245... take it up with popular science if you dont believe me :)

badkharma

Originally posted by Mobikobeyob
That cant be right the Enzo does it in like 2.5 or something.
Was it AWD?
I heard of an AWD 32 duece doing 0-60 in that time though. the CV shaft was like 2in. dia. lol
Mobi:D

No. I saw the video. This version of the lingenfelter corvette is arguably the quickest street-legal tuned production car in the world. The only thing that comes close are tuned Porsche turbos (and other vettes). It's not AWD. It just has HUGE tires, and gets past 60 mph in first gear.
The Enzo does 0-60 in 3.3-3.5 depending on the source.
My friend has an '03 Porsche turbo (x50) and we topped out at 181 mph on the 71 here in socal. It felt solid the whole time - but frick, that's fast. I topped out my basically stock '01 bullitt mustang on the 5 once in the desert - 155 (electronically limited) - only good for a few more mph with limiter removed. I hit 110 at least 3 days a week on my offramp - the offramp is long enough and it gets there quick enough to do a quick run. :D

zemuro114

thank you for proving my point :) i would much rather have the ligenfelter rather a porshe.. im not a big fan of the porshe!! still a nice engineered car :-D