Malachite Green?

catawaba

Yep, knew Rob really well....I don't know if I have the strength to build the tank again....Might just do FOWLR....or might just get a guinea pig.

E

emeralcrab

Man that is such a bummer
I am so sorry, we all work so hard, do so much research, and then get BAD advice from someone we trust. I have learned to read read read before I try anything. My LFS gave me some stuff once to use, I never did use it as I went on net and read about it. Thank God that I didn't just use it.
Good luck to you.....and once again so sorry for your losses.

catawaba

Thanks EmeralCrab....I've been literally nauseated all day. The whole thing really BITES...I get even more upset when I think of how many lives ended, dollars spent, and hours worked to get the tank as nice as it was....I actually began slowly, stocked slowly, followed all the rules, bought (and read) the books, upgraded equipment, religiously maintained GREAT water parameters, and BOOM.
:mad:

J

jrthomas40

i used malachite green in my main tank and everything was ok but it burned my xenia and i thought i had killed them but they are coming back around...i am fairly new to the hobby and dont have a QT set up so i was told to treat the whole tank...turned out what i used didnt do the job so i drove about 2 hours today and got some KICK ICK which a customer in the store stopped to tell me that is what she used in her reef tank with all types of corals

qbnfreek

It will destroy your reef. Look in to Stop parasite instead. I've used it and it works great!! P.S. use can even use it as a preventative to avoid ich. Good Luck! Qbnfreek, Los Angeles

catawaba

Stop Parasite? What is it....ingredients? Really reef safe?
Kick Ick? What is it....ingredients? Really reef safe?
I guess I don't believe anything is safe now..... Don't even want to think about ever needing again.
I have a 240g that will have to become FOWLR and a 72 bow that will be a mini reef. A 24g nano for my office, and a 20g QT for whenever I need it.
I've learned a HUGE lesson in all of this. If you have fish in your reef, you are VERY limited in what you can do if they become ill and you cannot catch them.....
Any ideas for catching fish in a reef would be appreciated.
THANKS again....
I'm even dreaming about these poor inverts; they'll be haunting me for some time.

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by Catawaba
Stop Parasite? What is it....ingredients? Really reef safe?
Kick Ick? What is it....ingredients? Really reef safe?
I guess I don't believe anything is safe now..... Don't even want to think about ever needing again.
I have a 240g that will have to become FOWLR and a 72 bow that will be a mini reef. A 24g nano for my office, and a 20g QT for whenever I need it.
I've learned a HUGE lesson in all of this. If you have fish in your reef, you are VERY limited in what you can do if they become ill and you cannot catch them.....
Any ideas for catching fish in a reef would be appreciated.
THANKS again....
I'm even dreaming about these poor inverts; they'll be haunting me for some time.

i was at a fish store yesterday and one of the customers prasied kick ick and how she used it in her 280g with seahorses and corals
active ingredient for KICK ICH= 5-nitroimidazoles