Male Blue Damsels... Rare?

jmg

well the LFS said this little guy was rare... he said its a blue damsel male its got orange fins and face... and a lot bigger than our other female....
so is this rare or what? i didnt figure it would be. also how would he react to a valentini puffer?

stapler

Well I cant tell you if it is rare or not, but I have never seen one at all the LFS I go to regularily.

jmg

yea he said they were extremely rare... i just liked his color so i wanted him
wish he would come out more often though... hes smart lol my camera is on, hes hiding, but as soon as the bat dies or i turn it off, hes out swimmin, but as soon as my screen turns on my camera again, hes hiding lol...
ill get him one of these days

neowind

Well small word of warning one of my friends got a DogFace Puffer the other day and it ate his Damsel first night it was in the tank. I don't know if Valentines get that big or not but just an FYI.

jmg

well ill probably slap him into the other tank later... but i just got back from the LFS... they got 3 small puffers... each only get like 3-4" max, and they got baby hippo tangs and humu humu triggers... the babies are so cute lol he said if i wanted to grow one until it was too big for my tank, he would trade me later on for somethin else i wanted... so i might do that

jmg

the LFS also just got a huge shipment of other damsels, and there isnt another one of these puppies in that order.

sea goblin

its an orangetail blue damsel or the male blue damselfish. Its not rare, best i can tell yous might be more uncommon because it has the orange on its face. As far as being with the puffer it should be fine, the valintini is a dwarf puffer that wont get much bigger then maybe 4 inches.
Sea Goblin