Male clown of pair died!

ryanhayes9

he had been battling brooklynella, got over it, then it was a popeye brrok combo, then just popeye si bad he couldint even see his food. he got really skinny and today he died.
I would like to add another male to replace him
1 i would like to get a wild clown so he would host anemones. can i mix a tank raised and wild clown?
2 right now i have bta, but it hides under a rock all the time and at the very bottom. Can i get another bta possibly?
tanks a 55 gallon

cyclops

Sorry to Hear about your Clown
Do you know why he got sick in the first place? You can keep more than on BTA I have 3 in my tank I have to Regular BTA and 1 Green BTA and soon I will be getting a RoseBTA. Sorry I can't answer your other question I have 4 percs in my tank and all are Cap Raised.

reefiness

you could mix but why would you, i would go with another captive if possible bacause they are breed to be much hardier then the wilds.
what type of clowns you have?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by ryanhayes9
sorry bout that false percs
Hey dan!!!! I would go with another tank breed ocelaris personally, simply because the chances of it being healthy are much greater. Do you have a qt? Please tell me you do after all this time on SWF! A wild one would certainly be more apt to host an anemone, but he is going to have a slightly different personality being wild and will need some time to settle down (in your qt) you could go with either one. Just be sensitive to the fact that he will need more care while he settles down, comming from the ocean and all of the hell they go through being captured and shipped.

michaeltx

just remember to get one smaller than what you have or it might have already morphed into a female.
sorry for your loss though they are beutiful fish.
Mike

claire_r

Just watch the two fish carefully when you add the new one. I tried adding a new ,smaller one when one of mine died, and the original perc quickly attacked the new one. Despite separating the two, the damage had been done, and the little guy died soon afterwards.

ryanhayes9

Originally Posted by sepulatian
Hey dan!!!! I would go with another tank breed ocelaris personally, simply because the chances of it being healthy are much greater. Do you have a qt? Please tell me you do after all this time on SWF! A wild one would certainly be more apt to host an anemone, but he is going to have a slightly different personality being wild and will need some time to settle down (in your qt) you could go with either one. Just be sensitive to the fact that he will need more care while he settles down, comming from the ocean and all of the hell they go through being captured and shipped.
i wont be getting a qt until my 55 gallon moray tank is set up. i have to sell my 60 hex to make room for my new 55 eel tank, them move some of the fish from the 60 to a 20 gallon high. then move my paradise gourami to a small tank or give away ( dont know if n e 1 wants him, love him but dont have n e room) and move the crayfish to my new 55 gallon eel tank. have to acclimate to saltwater. hes around 3 inches so hopefully wont be eaten, them make my freshwater a saltwater qt.
hey sep, i think you have freshwater tanks, would you want him? he is beautiful.
btw no fish will be bought until qt is workin