Mandarin Dragonet

anyone else see their mandarin making clicking sounds when it eats. i just found out that i dont have a mantis. its my mandarin. iam releived.
anyone else??

yeah i was looking in my tank and he was pecking at the glass and it was making loud clicks, like a mantis. i have been hearing clicking for months now, and never seen anthing making the sound. till today.

elite

i was also hearing clicks for a couple of months and it was usually always at night when the lights were out....
then i saw a snail on the front corner of the tank and there was a tiny hermit on its back and he was trying to get it off its back by moving his shell back and forth rapidly and when he did this it would hit the glass
since then i see it alot the crabs arent eating the snails they are just trying to get some algea off the top of the turbo snail's shells lol

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Elite
http:///forum/post/2897390
i was also hearing clicks for a couple of months and it was usually always at night when the lights were out....
then i saw a snail on the front corner of the tank and there was a tiny hermit on its back and he was trying to get it off its back by moving his shell back and forth rapidly and when he did this it would hit the glass
since then i see it alot the crabs arent eating the snails they are just trying to get some algea off the top of the turbo snail's shells lol
Don't be fooled. The hermit was likely hitting the snail's shell against the glass to get the snail to come off of there. Hermits do that to eat the snail and steal it's shell.