Mandarin Gobies

bjgwilliam

I am giving some serious thought about a Mandarin Gobie for my 46 Bow. I currently have 54lb of LR and the tank has recently finished its cycle. There are hundres of Pod for the little guy to eat now but is 54lb of live rock enought to sustain this little guy and continue to produce the pods? :rolleyes:
If not, have any of you had success keeping a Mandarin and feeding it something else??
Any info is greatly appreciated....:happyfish

jonny bolt

I didnt think a Mandarin was a Gobie. I thought it was a Dragonet?
If you got tha pods that you say you do, you'd be ok. But I would wait awhile still.

guineawhop

ok i just finished reading an article in i think the aquarium magazine or reef tank magazine i don't remember which one but anyways they said that unless you have perfect water, a mature tank...which urs is not, around 250lbs of live rock minimum and a huge tank...around 200 gallons and up, to not even bother. these are the requirements that they said. especially about the live rock because they said it will keep them alive for a little while but they usually pick their food clean off of the rock with nothing left and usually starve to death. i'm sure there are some people that are gonna say that they have had success with these guys in a tank around ur size but i'm sure it's few and far between. good luck